Monday 28 April 2014

Priority Prayer

Lord give me the pen of a writer,
so that my dreams through pages will reach generations after, brighter.
Lord give me the tongue of the learned,
that my speech will be heard in places untenured.
Lord give me the hands of a skilled craftsman,
to turn things beautiful for which you are praised even by the layman.

Above all Lord: 
give me a heart that sings out YOUR LOVE;
a heart full of the love that turned you into an outcast!
When all you had to offer was pure goodness that would through time and eternity last;
salvation for mankind that would echo from the streets to the palaces in one grand past.

A love that is unselfish and yet strong.
A love that is pure and does no wrong.

A love for YOU, first and foremost, OVER and ABOVE ALL,
and a love for my neighbour for whom your grace is sufficient also to lift from the fall.

E. B. Opoku 
Copyright March 2011

Aloha! I've been learning some valuable lessons from nowhere else yours truly-the Word of God. I'm in that season where I tend to pray a lot for 'things' if you get what i mean. Lately it's been "Oh God I want this" to "I want that" - not that it's bad in and of itself but it's the peculiar nature of the season I'm in. God is tending to draw my focus and attention to His priorities rather than my own. I will let you know that it's not been too easy learning to relax and be comforted about the truth that God will come through for you with your desires especially if you delight yourself in Him, commit them to Him and trust Him about them also. (Psalm 37:4-6) Infact, His word assures us that when you do the above, He will establish you so grandly it will be hard not to notice you. But you know we humans and our unbelief. Maybe i should be writing one soon that addresses the problem. However, God in His ever loving and ever faithful nature has reminded me and very effectively too using the hammer and the forge at times but He has gotten my attention about being more concerned with the primary root of our calling- Love! There is a song that goes like " and they'll know we are christians by our love..." You probably have heard it or have not but nonetheless my emphasis is on the fact that the most fundamental and essential part of our salvation and our calling is our love. Jesus stated the golden rule "thou shalt love the Lord thy God... and thou shalt love thy neighbour.." We will make it to heaven because of love. We will win souls because of love. We will be successful in helping others in ministry If we love and above all, we would be nothing, absolutely and totally nothing without love. Let's live the standard of love, God's kind of love. And to begin, well here's a prayer for you. While you get on your knees, I hope your hearts will be blessed as well. God bless. Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment