Monday 28 April 2014

Gallery

I think the most asked question in life is "Who are you?"Before you get into grade school, you're asked different aspects of the question like your name, or how old you are or what your parents names are. In grade school you won't get off without having written the famous 'Myself' essay. When you're old enough to work, cv's and resumes replace the 'Myself' essay and on and on it goes. 'Gallery' is my first public poetic reckoning of who I am as an individual and what my beliefs and philosophies are or at least so far ;) I think its a healthy exercise each individual should undertake. In the very least, there's no escaping it anyway so here's mine. 

About me...
is an essay I attempt at every stage of life.
But, I realize that there are changes for every age and with every strife.
Some things remain liked, while others fade,
and in the end, it all adds up to colours of different shades.

Then I came across an age old Book,
whose story told a timeless Truths!
It spoke about me... a Love for me, that took,
upon His brow; pain, shame, a crown of thorns and a heavy cross...

Intrigued by what I read,
I continued, and my heart was fed.

And so the story goes,
that Love paid the price untold,
for me, all I had done and redone once, twice or thrice,
just so that I could have a new and full life,
not defined by the edge of a bleeding knife!

And now I understand that about me,
I am who He wants me to be,
changed, renewed and alive in Him!

And so about me you ask?
MY LIFE IS A GALLERY; a total display of HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment